WHO IS JACOB POWROZNIK?
From a tiny pond in Prince George County, Virginia to the Bassmaster Classic stage. It’s been one heck of a journey for Jacob Powroznik. Entering his sixth year on the Bassmaster Elite Series, J-Proz was the only Tour-level angler to finish in the Top 6 in Angler of the Year for five consecutive years (from 2012 to 2016) on the FLW Tour and Bassmaster Elite Series. Pretty good for a kid who started out hitching rides from his mom to fish a small pond located on a hunting club that his dad belonged to. “That pond didn’t even have a name, but it almost cost me my high-school diploma,” Powroznik jokes. “I fished that pond so many days I can’t even count. I might’ve missed a few days of school because of that pond, but it was what really got me going on bass fishing.”
Jacob Powroznik wins the 2017 Classic Bracket
Jacob Powroznik defeated four anglers in five days to win this week’s Classic Bracket on Pokegama Lake. The Virginia pro caught 16 pounds, 11 ounces of bass Friday — compared to the 14-8 landed by Monroe — to earn the tournament’s automatic Classic berth. Full coverage of the Classic Bracket
BFLs To The
Bassmaster Classic Stage
Powroznik started his pro career by catching two fish in a BFL tournament on Lake Seminole in 2000, and has since racked up 48 Top 10 finishes, six wins, and nearly $1.5 million in career earnings. He finished fifth at the 2015 Bassmaster Classic on Lake Hartwell, and entered that season as the No. 1 ranked angler in the world in Bassfan.com’s World Rankings.
- 48 Top 10 finishes (FLW and B.A.S.S.)
- 6 career wins (FLW and B.A.S.S.)
- #1 ranking in BassFan.com’s “World Rankings” (February, 2015)
- 2014 Bassmaster Elite Series Rookie of the Year
- 6 Top 10 finishes in Angler of the Year standings (FLW Tour in 2012, 2013; Elite Series in 2014, 2015 & 2016)
- Winner of 2018 Bassmaster Classic Bracket
- Two Top 12 finishes in Bassmaster Classic in three years (2015 & 2017)
Keep Up With Jacob